As the weather starts heating up and sweaty, sunny days on the water are in the forecast, you need to be sure your fishing wardrobe is on point.
While you may associate summer wear with tanks and swim trunks, the best thing you can do for your comfort and skin protection while fishing on a kayak or SUP in the sun is to opt for a long-sleeve shirt made out of light, breathable material.
We carry several apparel brands, including NRS, Columbia, Patagonia, Outdoor Research, and our latest addition, Howler Brothers (check out our recent blog on them).
The best thing you can do for your comfort and skin protection while fishing on a kayak or SUP fishing in the sun is to opt for a long-sleeve shirt made out of light, breathable material.
Here’s a quick look at some long-sleeve options:
– Regular fit LS Shirt with quick-drying nylon-poly blend and engineered stretch for better range of motion
– UPF 30 sun protection
– Hidden pocket with contrasting zipper pull under front right yoke
– Howler Monkey embroidery at (vented) back yoke and roll-up sleeve tab at upper arm
– Sunglass-cleaning microfiber at hem
– MicroLite fabric, a 4.6-oz. nylon/spandex blend, is soft and comfortable
– UPF 20 UV protection guards your skin from the sun’s harmful rays
– Wicking action keeps you cool and dry
– Perfect for any sport or activity where comfort is a top concern
– Relaxed fit for casual comfort
– Sweat-wicking Rip-Stop fabric with UPF sun protection
– Back venting
– Roll-up sleeves with tab holders
– Rod holder
We’ve got a lot more where that came from. And of course, you’re going to need pants as well. (Please wear pants.)
Check out the full selection of our fishing apparel here.